Last updated 26 March, 2019
services, and websites. We encourage you to take the time to review it carefully,
to understand what information we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. Below, we cover the following topics:
Who we are
Maven Lab Engage Pte Ltd, is a Communication Platform as a Service (cPaaS) provider. For our customers, we offer a complete and fully-configured unified communications solution for the delivery of end-to-end communications via voice, email, video, social media, instant messaging, two-factor authentication and customer support tools.
, and www.moobidesk.com
What information we collect
We collect your information in the following ways:
•Information you provide directly to us. When you sign up for our products and services, request us to contact you, or through other interactions
with us, we may ask you for certain personal information, such as your name, birthdate, address, email address, telephone number, company name, job title, or payment information. When you request support from us,
we may also collect information from you such as contact information, documentation, screenshots, or other information you or we may believe is helpful to solving the issue.
•Information we get from third parties.
Third party sources of information include:
- ○Demographic, lead, and interest data. We may obtain information from outside companies such as those that collect customer information including demographic and interest data. Examples of this information include your employment status, your job title with your current employer, and your business contact information. We use this data and combine it with other information we have about you to help us predict your preferences and to direct marketing offers that might be more relevant to you.
- ○Information about our customers' users. Our customers and other third parties may also provide us with personal information about our customers' users and others. For example, we may receive personal information and other information from our customers, message senders, mobile network operators, databases with information relevant to mobile telephone numbers submitted to our services, and other third parties. This information may include, without limitation, telephone numbers, telephone numbers' validity, type (e.g., mobile, landline, etc.), corresponding device status (e.g., whether or not it is currently available for messaging), roaming status, carrier, country of location, and whether or not the number has been ported and is used to help us provide our services.
•Information collected in connection with your use of services delivered via our platform.
We and our service providers may collect information in connection with your use of communications services delivered via our platform.
- ○Communications usage information. This includes information about your communications delivered via our platform such as the time and duration of usage, source and destination identifiers, completion status, location, IP address, and amount of usage.
- ○Communications content. To enable you to send and receive communications via our platform, we need to be able to handle the content of the messages, calls, and other communications channels used by you. This also includes, for example, call recordings recorded via our services.
• Device information.
Where we have provided end user equipment to you, such as a VoIP phone, or you have installed our software on your device, we collect device-specific information from you. This includes, for example, your hardware model, operating system version, firmware, browser information, device and network configuration, device identifier, IP address, device performance, signal strength, call quality, telemetry, and mobile or wireless network information. We use the device information we collect in order to deliver and improve our services.
- ○Your contact lists and address book. If you use our mobile apps, we may request your permission to access and store the contact list or address book maintained on your mobile phone, tablet, or other broadband-connected device. Your contact list is considered your personal data. We may use your contact list information to facilitate certain services where selected by you such as to enable you to make calls easily and to facilitate calls, texts, and other services. You do not have to allow us to access these functions of your device, but if you do not, certain features of our mobile apps may not be available to you. You may at any time opt out from allowing this access via the privacy settings on your device.
- ○Mobile device camera, microphone and photos. If you use our mobile apps, we may request your permission to access the camera, microphone, and photos on your mobile device, to make and receive voice and video calls and messages and to send photos to others. You do not have to allow us to access these functions of your device, but if you do not, certain features of our mobile apps may not be available to you. You may at any time opt out from allowing this access via the privacy settings on your device.
Why we collect your information and how we use it
How we use the information we collect depends on which of our products or services you use, how you use them, and specific preferences you may have communicated to us. We list below the specific purposes for which we collect your information.
•To deliver our products and services. We use your information because it is necessary to perform our obligations in delivering our services to our customers. This includes delivering your communications to the intended end user, processing transactions with you (such as billing), authenticating you when you log into our platform, providing customer support, and operating and maintaining our services. We also need your information to communicate with you about the services, including registration confirmations, purchase confirmations, expiration or renewal reminders, responding to your requests, and sending you notices, updates, security alerts, administrative messages, and other communications necessary to usage of the services.
•To carry out core activities relating to our services.
To effectively deliver our services to you, we use your information to engage in important supporting activities such as:
- billing and collections, including maintenance of records in the event of a subsequent billing dispute;
- preventing fraud, violations of our acceptable use policies, and unlawful activities;
- troubleshooting, quality control, and analytics; and
- monitoring the performance of our systems and platform.
•For research and development.
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services, to make them more reliable, secure, and useful to you and our users generally. We use data regarding our users' communications on our platform to understand how our services are performing and how they are being used in order to identify areas where we can do better. For instance, we may use message delivery and call connection information to gauge the effectiveness of our routing to ensure that your messages are delivered and your calls are connected. We and our service providers may use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, our services, our communications to our customers, and our other messaging campaigns, both on an individual basis and in the aggregate. We also use information about your use of our websites to understand how our website visitors are using our websites. Among other things, this usage information, along with tracking technologies, enables third-party analytics companies, such as Google Analytics, to generate analytics reports on the usage of our services. To opt out of your usage information being included in our Google Analytics reports, you may follow these instructions.
•To comply with legal requirements. Applicable laws or regulations may require our processing of your data, such as laws mandating retention of communications data.
•To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights. Where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
•According to your explicit consent. If we wish to use your information for certain purposes which require consent under applicable law, we will first seek out and obtain your consent. This may include, for example, testimonials or case studies that identify you in your individual capacity.
Who we share your information with and why
We may share your information as detailed below:
•Third-party service providers that help us to deliver the services and allow us to operate our businesses.
- ○Communications providers. As the provider of a communications platform, we share the data we collect from you with communications providers (including telecommunications companies and over-the-top communications service providers) as necessary in order to provide you with the services. These are the telecommunications companies, for instance, who we need to ensure your calls, messages and other communications reach the people you want to contact.
- ○Business operations vendors. We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. We only work with carefully selected vendors, and we require any vendors with whom we share personal data to protect the confidentiality of such information and use it solely for the purposes for which it was shared.
- ○Partners. In the event that you purchase services offered by Maven Lab Engage or a partner through a special marketing arrangement (for example, through a co-branded advertisement or offer, or an arrangement where we and a partner market or offer the other's products or services), we may share your information with these third parties in connection with their services, such as to assist with billing and collections, to provide localized support, and to provide customizations. We may also share information with these third parties where you have agreed to that sharing.
•Compliance with law enforcement requests and applicable laws; enforcement of our rights. We may disclose personal data as required by applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request; to protect Maven Lab Engage, our services, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities; and to enforce our agreements, policies and service terms.
•With your explicit consent. We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display use cases or testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites and require your consent to identify you in your individual capacity.
•Sharing with senders and recipients of communications. The name on your account, or a portion thereof, and/or your phone number may be displayed to people that you make calls to and to other users of the services so that they may contact you. Depending on the service you're using, you may be able to control what's displayed by adjusting your settings within the mobile app or your customer account, or by contacting customer care at the address provided when you signed up for the services.
How we protect your information
Maven Lab Engage has implemented administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to help protect the personal data that we transmit and maintain. However, no system or service can provide a 100% guarantee of security, especially a service that relies upon the public internet. Therefore, you acknowledge the risk that third parties may gain unauthorized access to your information. Keep your account password secret and please let us know immediately if you think your password was compromised. Remember, you are responsible for any activity under your account using your account password or other credentials.
How long we store your information
We store your information until it is no longer necessary to provide the services or otherwise relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. This time period may vary depending on the type of information and the services used, as detailed below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from anonymized information retained or used for these purposes.
•Customer account information. We store your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our services.
•Communications usage information. While you're an active customer, we retain the communications usage information generated by your use of the services until the information is no longer necessary to provide our services, and for a reasonable time thereafter as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our services.
•Marketing information, cookies and web beacons. If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our services, such as when you last opened an email from us or visited our websites. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
•Device information. We collect device-specific information from you when we have provided end user equipment to you, such as a VoIP phone, or you have installed our software on your device. If you do not revoke our access to this information via the privacy settings on your device, we will retain this information for as long as your account is active.
How to access and control your information
To request deletion of your Maven Lab Engage account, please contact us
•Opt out of communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using some or all of the following methods: the unsubscribe link within each email, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our services.
Where the processing of your personal data by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us. If you do not want your personal data used by Maven Lab Engage for any direct marketing purposes, or shared with third parties for their own marketing use, then you may opt out of such use or sharing by contacting us
, even if you have previously consented to such use.
Other important information
•Information from children.
Maven Lab Engage does not sell products or services for purchase by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children or teenagers under the age of eighteen. If you believe that a minor has disclosed personal data to Maven Lab Engage, please contact us.
•Changes to this policy.
and, in relation to substantive changes that broaden the types of personal data collected or their usage, we will notify you via email to the email address associated with your account, via our platform or websites, or by some other means.
How to contact us
Cookies and Tracking Notice
They also help us track users, conduct research, allow you to back click to earlier registration pages viewed by you and improve our content and services. For instance, we may use web beacons on our websites to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are moving through our websites. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer's IP address, the type of browser being used and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that we know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users.
•When it's strictly necessary
These cookies and other technologies enable us to recognize you when you return to our service and to maintain your web session so you can more easily navigate the subscription process or your viewing of your call details. They are also essential for you to access secure areas of our sites, for example, to make payments.
Google Tag Manager is a third-party service provider that allows us to manage website tags via an interface. Tags are small elements of code that are used, for example, to measure traffic and visitor behavior, to understand the effect of online advertising and social channels, to set up remarketing and orientation towards target groups, and to test and optimize websites. Google Tag Manager only implements tags. This means that no cookies are used and, as a result, no personal data is recorded. We list it here for completeness and to be transparent about the tools we use. If deactivation has been performed at a domain, page, event or 3rd party script level, this remains in place for all tracking tags if these are implemented with Google Tag Manager.
•For performance and analytics
•To enable functionality
These cookies and similar technologies can tell us which language you prefer and what your communications preferences are. They can help you fill out forms on our sites more easily. They also enable customization of the layout and/or content of the pages on our sites.
•For targeted advertising
These cookies and other technologies record your visits to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our website more relevant to your interests.We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You have to opt out using each of your web browsing applications, computers and mobile devices separately.
•Social media cookies and widgets
We use social media platforms to advertise to you online and to monitor the success of our advertising (for instance by receiving reports when you click on our ads on Facebook, LinkedIn and others). We summarize the main advertising and social media partners who drop cookies below:
•Facebook Custom Audience: This service from Facebook enables us to display personalized ads to people on our email lists when they visit Facebook. We provide personal information such as your email address and phone number in encrypted form to Facebook (so they cannot be seen by anyone at Facebook) to enable Facebook to determine if you are a registered account holder with Facebook.
How to control cookies